Friday, October 3, 2008

New Thing #207: Ferry Land

The first Friday night in October called for none other than riding the ferry over to Gretna for none other than Gretna Fest. Complete with every fried food you could want, cute old couples dancing to zydeco music, and KC and the Sunshine Band. What more could you want? The ferry ride back also gave me an opportunity to take a picture of my favorite New Orleans bridge for the first time. New Orleans is an island in the sense to get out of it you have to take a bridge, or go to Metairie, which we all know I don't go there by choice :). The Crescent City Connection is my favorite of the bridges, and although this picture isn't fabulous it reminds of quite a lovely night.
crescent city connection via ferry
lovelies who accompanied me to the fest

No comments: