Saturday, September 20, 2008

New Thing #194: Golf Pro

Let's just say the first time I played golf I was more than terrible. Thanks to two parents who played I do have putting skills, but my driving skills were beyond non-existent. When I was in Georgia I went to "play golf" with Joe, which meant driving the golf cart and dropping a ball every once and a while to putt. For some reason I decided on the second hole to try and hit the ball off the tee. On my first swing I could tell I might just have the hang of it. A few holes later I got my first par! It was very exciting with my second drive landing the ball about 4 feet from the hole. When I called to tell my brother what happened he said "were you playing mini golf?" Joe had a pretty good round too, and as you can see from the picture all I wanted to document was my achievement, lets just say the other holes were good practice. Additionally I have been promoted from caddy to associate :)

No comments: