Monday, July 14, 2008

New Thing #126: Au Natural

On my trip I got used to not wearing makeup. I didn't start wearing makeup probably until late high school and then didn't really start caring about it until my junior year in college. There have been times, mostly on mission trips, or when I've been sick that I haven't worn it. Now, you must understand that when I wear makeup, it usually consists of mascara, concealer, powder, and lip gloss. We are not talking about a big sacrifice here not wearing. So, not on a trip, or not sick, I decided to go one week without wearing any makeup. 

It wasn't that hard and I actually enjoyed it. I can tell from the pictures taken from the past week, but I'm sure most people can't. Not wearing makeup made my morning routine a whole 5 minutes shorter, it has cleared up my skin, and I have noticed that a large percentage of women around me that are my good friends don't wear makeup either, and they are beautiful. I would continue the streak as long as a could but I'm going to one of my best guy friend's weddings this weekend and being the semi-fashionista I am, I want to look pretty to go with my new dress and shoes :). Otherwise I'm beginning to appreciate my natural beauty.

not even worth it

1 comment:

Marty said...

Yes, my dear, you are lovely. Now tell me about Joe before I burst!