Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Thing #141: New and Improved

I love Chick-fil-A. I almost reconsidered moving to New Orleans because we don't have one in the Parish. So, I have a Chick-fil-A rule--because I don't live near one (so I thought) I could have it whenever I was around one, which in the previous two years has been about 4 times a year. Being in GA recently I have abused my privileges, not to mention, there is a Chick-fil-A in each mall in an outlying Parish I only venture to if shopping is involved. Last night, when on said shopping venture, I decided to forego my traditional number 5 with a diet lemonade and chick-fil-a sauce and try the new and improved chicken salad sandwich at Chick-fil-A. In my opinion, the old chicken salad sandwich was the worst thing on their menu, well let me tell you, it is new and improved! There are actual chunks of chicken and it is on toasted wheatberry bread. Sadly, it has 500 calories, so as an RD I have to say eat them in moderation. Otherwise, way to go Chick-fil-A for being new and improved. 

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I'm still about the number 5 with the diet Dr Pepper (bless you Chick-fil-a for this option) and the smoky mustard sauce.