Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New Thing #85: Acai

Acai berries are thought to be one of the most nutritious and powerful foods in the world according to oprah.com, credible I know, but in all seriousness this berry offers disease fighting properties, is packed with antioxidants, high in fiber, and rich in fatty acids. The list goes on.

I love learning about new foods and their properties that fight disease and contribute to our health. I know, with a nutrition degree I am biased, but I think that nutrition is the largest factor in preventing disease that everyone seems to ignore. Alas, why I will always have a job.

So Tuesday I was tempted by the raspberry acai juice in the organic section at Rouses and I really like it! I also like not feeling guilty for drinking juice because I love it so much. Now I think I will research more new foods to try.

No comments: