Friday, June 13, 2008

New Thing #95: An Arm and a Leg

I'm back! Obviously all of these posts from the past month are post-dated but I must say that my trip could not have come at a better time. I think this is the first time in my life I have taken this much time just to enjoy life and all it has to offer, and I must say, I am addicted. I'm addicted to enjoying the simple things in life, to taking a moment to notice all that is around you, to sharing the journey with precious friends, to seeing the world. My goal now is to take all that I have been learning and apply it to my "real" life. The mindset I formed on this trip has infiltrated me so much that I don't think I can be any other way.

So now, enjoy. These are pictures from the few days before I left and throughout my trip. I have chosen pictures for each day to tell the stories, and man are there stories. If anyone wants the details I would love to share!

Enjoy!

So Friday before I left I experienced a VERY unpleasant new thing. Paying over $4 for a gallon of gas. I know it sounds like a "I walked to school uphill both ways in the snow" complaint but when I started driving a mere 10 years ago gas was 0.88 cents a gallon! Even since I have returned the same ridiculous station is now charging $4.19. I won't rant about war and oil prices but if you know me you know what's going on in my head.

No comments: