Friday, June 6, 2008

New Thing #88: When We're Ninety

Friday night I accompanied by aunt to City Park for a party for her law firm. I love hanging out with the people that she works with. The firm rented out City Park amusement park. So, I went to a private party at an amusement park. As we didn't have any children with us we hung out at the food pavilion and didn't ride any rides, which was a shame having full reign of the amusement park. As we were walking out we passed the ladybug roller coaster. One of my favorite City Park icons. I have fond memories as a child looking forward to our trips to the amusement park and finally being brave enough to ride a "rollercoaster," the ladybug. 

My aunt and I decided that we needed to ride the ladybug, in the last car. It was the most fun I have had in a long time! My aunt is one of my best friends and one of the most precious people to me. She has been my saving grace these past two years in New Orleans and I am so grateful for her. As we were riding she said that we would remember this when she was ninety and in a nursing home. I love how life brings opportunities for memories and this was a sweet one. 

not us, but someone having just as much fun on the infamous ladybug

No comments: