Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Thing #93: Million Dollar Pound Cake

Wednesday was my friend Mary's birthday. To celebrate we had a cake bake off. Well really just everyone making a cake, brining it, and icing together. My friend Joe and I decided to make a pound cake from scratch. It was actually pretty simple considering Joe did all the work and I just read the recipe. It was from Southern Living so I knew it was kitchen tested and Lauren proof, i.e. pretty hard to mess up. It was called a million dollar pound cake with both vanilla and almond flavoring, tasty! Even though I am not much of a baker I must say I do have impressive decorating skills :) Fun was had by all and the pound cake turned out good!

the person who actually made the cake
finished product with emily ready to enjoy
cake decorating skills
josiah the master icing color mixer
mary made 24!
"don't run me over!!!"

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

What about Josiah the face painter? Where are THOSE photos?

Kirsten said...

I have so many comments about midgets and high heels but after the whiskey I think I should restrain myself.