Thursday, June 12, 2008

New Thing #94: Who Wants to be a $500,000aire

Yesterday, due to lack of anything on television, while watching lunch my cousin and I stumbled on Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Let's just say this show went down as soon as Regis left, it moved to daytime TV, the demographics of those watching changed, do I need to go on?

The contestants on the show used to be of high caliber, what we witnessed was four white, middle aged, women from the mid-west. New demographic. The questions were also ridiculously easy. A blog of a someone who did the whole "new thing" documented that she actually was on Millionaire, so I thought I would try to audition. Because I do not: a) live in NYC b) obsesses over Halloween c) have a fiance d) have two other generations who want to play with me I cannot audition. The show is so ridiculous now they are going for "theme shows." So I decided to play Who Wants to be a Millionaire online. I must confess the questions were harder than expected, but I did win $500,000. I was reminded several times that the money was not real, how disappointing.

No comments: