Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Thing #92: New Orleans Night

To send off our friend Ben right a large group celebrated New Orleans. The night started at VooDoo BBQ Bar and Grill where I had some wonderful caribbean jerk chicken. Then we ventured to Angelo Brocato's an ice cream parlor here in New Orleans that serves Italian ice cream and desserts based on Sicilian family recipes from the early 1900's (according to their website). I have patronized Angelo's before, being an ice cream aficionado, but this was my first time having their spumoni, and it was fabulous. What was even better is that we enjoyed spumoni and watermelon at the park alongside the Mississippi River downtown. It was a fun night to celebrate friends, but sad that a new friend is leaving. There is a slew of pictures documenting this occasion that I hope to acquire at one point but for now I will leave you with spumoni, i.e. "green, pink, white, and yellow candy heart flavored ice cream."

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I'm sorry, those photos are classified.

I think only J.Crew will be home next week. We should go hack Tim's computer and steal all those photos.

And lucky you, you got to go to Brocatos. I only got to go back to the house.