Sunday, June 1, 2008

New Thing #83: Beat the NOLA Heat

I have been pretty spoiled when it comes to swimming pools. Growing up we went to a neighborhood pool. High-school, our best friends the Berry's had a pool and that is where we spent the Summer. College, home for Summer pretty much the same. Two Summers after college I was a nanny and had access to a pool everyday. Last Summer was the first Summer without one, but I didn't notice from working and taking organic chemistry in one month.

Now, this Summer, I notice. The Summer of Lauren Elizabeth Futrell being the laziest person I have ever been. I like to describe it like a puppy. I go and go and go, overworking myself, and then I crash. I have crashed, but I digress.

Resenting the fact that I don't have access to a pool, I decided to wash my car for the first time in New Orleans. It didn't quite quench my pool needs but it was fun nonetheless! I think my efforts were thwarted by using Palmolive instead of car washing soap which I found later but it's all about learning experiences right?

No comments: