Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Thing #18 Babies Don't Eat Cell Phones

Conversation at approximately 11:00 p.m. last Friday night, March 28

Lauren: "Oh no! I haven't done anything new today!"
Nick: "Yes you have, you fed a baby a cell phone."

Although Jonathan posted on my facebook wall "Babies don't eat cell phones. That is nonsense." my Razor, may it rest in peace, would woefully disagree. While trying to calm one screaming child, the aforementioned baby decided that my phone was a teething ring. I thought this was okay because it kept him occupied. Little did I know that at the exact moment I would need to get the parents number out to call them to console their crying child that my phone would no longer turn on. My great idea of letting the baby play with my cell phone turned into a disaster. In fact, I think you could say it was mangled. The phone was so wet that the keys made buzzing noises and the SIM card was bending because of the slobber. I tried to dry it out to no avail. I did need a new cell phone, maybe this was the motivation I needed.

No comments: