Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Thing #21 A Green Thumb in a Green Room


Monday I was sequestered in my room all day studying for my Physics test. Literally, I was in my room studying all day for around 10 hours coming out for breaks and distractions. I decided that after I finished studying half of the chapters I would pot my new purple shamrock plant that Caitlin gave me for my birthday. Well this, like many things in my life, turned into what I like to call a "If you give a mouse a cookie..." situation. If you haven't read that book you should.

Anyway, the plant was on my desk. That past weekend my aunt bought me a beautiful green pot, to match my green room, and some potting soil. Which in my messy dysfunctional way kept in my bedroom. So I decided I was going to pot my plant. I was going to go outside but it was raining. Inside, okay, well I didn't have a shovel or trowel. Also I would have to drag everything out of my room so for some reason I thought it was more logical to stay put. So, I potted a plant in the middle of my bedroom. There was dirt everywhere. When I finally got the plant potted I decided to water it in my room which also created a mess. All of these said messes I cleaned up afterward but I realized just how ridiculous I can be. In trying to simply things I make them very complicated and most of the time amusing, at least to me :)

No comments: