Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Thing #37: Wiki What?

At the seminar I hosted last month entitled Web 2.0, New Media and Public Health, I learned that a wiki is actually just a website edited by its users. I just assumed that wikipedia just made up that word. Wiki is the Hawaiian word for fast so how that relates to a website I don't know, but I digress.

Today I used wikiHow for the first time to learn how to draw MC Escher's impossible triangle. There a million "how tos" on the website and I can see it will be a very useful source in my quest for new things. Some of my favorites: "how to win a hot dog eating contest," "how to be a popular girl", and yes you too can learn on the internet "how to deliver a baby." You should all check it out and maybe one of my new things will be contributing to a wiki.

the finished product

No comments: