Thursday, April 10, 2008

New Thing #31: Would Rather Not Be an Adult

I take it all back. All the talk of feeling like an adult or eluding to the fact that I wanted to be an adult is null and void. I came home last night to realize that my brand new road bike I received for Christmas and my birthday was missing. Come to realize it had been missing since Sunday but my family thought I had it. Someone broke into our house and stole my road bike! So today, my least favorite new thing happened, I had to file a police report. They didn't take me seriously for the most part, although they did bring out a detective and the crime-lab which I appreciate, they pretty much told me it is gone. No I didn't leave it outside, or lend it to a friend, or misplace it. What do these people take me for! Dealing with New Orleans finest was not the most pleasant experience, the officer didn't even know what a road bike was!!! 

"What kind of bike was it?"
"A road bike."
"Like a mountain bike?"
"No, a road bike."
"You mean a mountain bike."
"No, a road bike.
"Like that bike (pointing to a beach cruiser)?"
"Do you know what a racing bike is?"
"No."
"Never mind"

It is true the wisdom I received from a new friend--Loving this city can really hurt sometimes.


1 comment:

Kirsten said...

It's true--but for the most part it's a good hurt.
I feel so special to be quoted in a blog!