Sunday, April 20, 2008

New Thing #41: I'll Trade You a Sheep for an Ore

Sunday night new friends Jessica and Dave invited some people over for strawberries and cake. Earlier that day Jessica had told me about this game that they all liked to play. I told her that I love games and I am easily addicted. Circumstance would have it that that night I got to play. I played Settler's of Catan a board game originally from Germany. According to wikipedia its mechanics are simple but dynamics complex, and I would agree. It is all about building settlements and cities and you do so with resources--wheat, ore, brick, wood, and sheep. You collect resources by creating settlements and rolling the die. You can also trade resources which each other. I think you should all check it out.  I had fun and I hope to get to play again!

2 comments:

Marty said...

Kurt loves it. To me - worst game ever. There is no screaming or fast thinking or excitement or the least chance to be inappropriate -- all of which are a must for me and games...

Kirsten said...

Seriously, why wouldn't you take my sheep? I had so many to offer!