Saturday, April 26, 2008

New Thing #47: Color Splash!

I love photography and pictures and anything having to do with them. I feel like photography is a sacred art form and we have the privilege of capturing memories from our own view point! Okay, so you get the point. One thing that I have loved seeing recently is pictures with color splashes. Black and white photos with only certain items in color, a bright flower, a ribbon, anything. I have had Adobe Photoshop on my computer for about 3 months now but every time I open it I am overwhelmed at my inability to use it. So today, I faced my fears and I found a tutorial online and I used Photoshop to create color splash pictures! Here are some of the first results:

jacques-imo

calico-mo and lulu

satchmo
monkey-mo
my dad and i at avery's wedding (yes I do take non-cat pictures)

I was also reminded today of how nice lazy, rainy Saturday's are and what a blessing it is to have a family to share them with :)


1 comment:

tin can photography said...

very fun! i have the exact same problem with photoshop-i'm so glad to have it on my computer,but it's overwhelming and i feel i don't have the time to commit to learning it. i followed a tutorial once that took me like two hours-i probably shouldn't have started my quest with an attempt to turn one of my photos into pop art, but i was on a warhol kick!

glad to see we both share a procrastination fascination--(sorry, couldn't help myself-haha!)