Monday, April 14, 2008

New Thing #35: Small Town Feel

It was much cheaper for me to fly out Monday, so I was able to spend extra time in the Nashville area to see old friends. Monday afternoon I went to Franklin to have lunch at Merridee's Breadbasket with my dear friend Ashley and her son Bo. Merridee's was a cute little restaurant with a bakery inside. I had a delectable 7 layer bar for dessert!
Bo was born in August and this was my first time meeting him. He is so precious! Seriously, one of the sweetest, most laid back babies I have ever met. Again, being around him was so pleasant I may have one one day :) I also was able to see their house for the first time in Franklin. Ashley is a UGA kindred sprit who was an intern with me at Vanderbilt. Her kind and generous friendship got me through many a day in Nashville.

Bo was so good during our lunch!

Spending time at my grandmother's farm was so nice! I forgot how loud my life is. The country was serene and such a nice time of retreat. Being in Franklin is always so fun because it is like a quaint movie set. We had such a sweet time of fellowship and it was nice to have my small town vacation. 

No comments: