Monday, April 7, 2008

New Thing #26 Officially an Adult

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am officially an adult. Saturday for the first time I did my own taxes. I agree with you that it is ridiculous that I have never done them before, but I haven't so it made for an educational new thing. It's funny, even though I am 25 I still don't view myself as an adult. In my mind I am still 21 or so, and in the eyes of others I am often mistaken as a teenager or young college co-ed (the worst was two years ago when they didn't think I was old enough to sit in an exit row, the requirement is 15, come on people). 

With that said I feel like Saturday was my right of passage into adulthood. No, not turning 21, being able to vote or purchase alcohol, not having a job, not being considered financially independent by the federal government for 3 years now, not being on my own health insurance, no none of these things make me feel like an adult, just taxes. 

Ironically, and in good taste with me not acting like an adult whatsoever, I will be using my return for my Europe trip this summer. Now that's the Lauren I know :)

No comments: