Monday, April 7, 2008

New Thing #27 Officially a Louisianian

This Sunday I attended my first crawfish boil. Believe me, I have been to a boil. With most of my friends in college being from Savannah I have experienced many low country boils, but here in Louisiana it is done differently. Crawfish instead of shrimp, tobasco sauce and cajun seasoning galore, and eating on the ground out of cardboard boxes with your fingers. Now this is what I call classy. 

I remember the day last year when I had to turn over my Georgia license to the Louisiana DMV. I felt like I was moving to another country and having to denounce my citizenship. Although Georgia will always be on my mind, (sorry I know that was cheesy) I am at home here. This is where my heart is and where I am supposed to be. Laissez les bons temps rouler!

No comments: