Friday, April 18, 2008

New Thing #39: The Real McCoy

Every semester here there is a party or event put on by GAPSA, a graduate student organization here in New Orleans. Apparently it is supposed to be the "meeting event of the year" for all New Orleans graduate students from various universities. Last semester we had a blast so we were glad to find out that yes, this was in fact another GAPSA. It also provided an opportunity for a really fun new thing! Last night I went to The House of Blues and heard Trombone Shorty perform! This was my first time at House of Blues and it was a really fun venue and Trombone Shorty was really good! Everyone should check out his music here.  (photos courtesy of my fun friend Grace who is one of the reasons I am surviving graduate school classes this semester :)

trombone shorty

caitlin, me, and grace

No comments: