Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Thing #22 April Fools Lulu Had Kittens

No really, she did! Much to my delight when I got home from work on Tuesday there were kittens!!! Not one, not two, not three...okay I will stop...but FIVE! Yes, our sweet, precious, stray Lulu that we adopted was pregnant. We were waiting and waiting and waiting for days for those kittens. I came in just after the last one was born. I was sad that I missed the births but I did get to see the whole placenta, after-birth goodness, the process of biting off the umbilical cord and all that birth experience stuff. I witnessed the afterbirth experience and held newborn kittens! This is the first time I have seen anytime of newborn animal, besides a human of course. All of the kittens are different, much to my mom's disbelief, but they are! I have been waiting for this new thing FOREVER and I'm so glad it came!