Friday, May 2, 2008

New Thing #53: For Once In My Life

Today I went with new friends Jeanne and Susan to Jazz Fest. I have been before, but definitely had some great new New Orleans music experiences including:

-Richard Thompson
-The New Orleans Jazz Vipers with Miss Sophie Lee
-Pinettes Brass Band, an all female brass band which was great!
-Greater Antioch Full Gospel Baptist Church Music Ministry who sang "No One" by Alicia Keys
...and last but not least...drumroll please...

STEVIE WONDER!

It was one of my top New Orleans, and musical experiences so far. Rain poured intermittently but the crowd didn't mind. People were laughing and dancing in the rain to Stevie Wonder, what a site of enjoyment!

Greater Antioch Full Gospel Baptist Church second line
crowd celebrating a break in the rain and a "Ribbon in the Sky"
Stevie Wonder himself...not my picture but taken by a friend

No comments: