Saturday, May 24, 2008

New Thing #75: ¡Feliz Cumpleaños a Kirsten!

I have been so amazed at the provision of good friends recently. Saturday night I had the pleasure of doing three new things. 1) Celebrating my friend Kirsten's birthday and 2) Eating at La Macarena Pupuseria 3) Dancing with strangers to a band on Frenchman. It was a delicious El Salvadorian restaurant with flautas, pupusas, frijoles, and margaritas. It was a fun time with new friends and delicious food! Afterwards we headed down to Frenchman to be surprised by a band playing in the street. I enjoyed being outside, dancing, watching others dance, and being with friends. We rang in Kirsten's new year at midnight at the Hookah Cafe. What a fabulous Louisiana Saturday night to celebrate. Happy Birthday Kirsten!

picture taken from by our waiter who was a little rattled due to the authentic el salvadorian la cucaracha crawling out of the wall

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Happy birthday me! So glad you could be part of the celebration. I'm looking forward to new thing...78? Not sure where in the number system Tuesday falls.