Sunday, May 25, 2008

New Thing #76: Not Ready Yet

So I apologize to my readership, of three :), for blog neglect this past week. I have been distracted by a number of things but now I am back on. No worries, the new things have been continuing. 

Today I went with my family to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. I wasn't sure what to expect, but in my opinion it lived up to the first Narnia movie. What I love most about the Narnia books is the subtle and not so subtle allegory.

My favorite quote from the movie is at the end when Aslan asks the Kings and Queens of Narnia to stand. Caspian looks up and says "I don't think I'm ready yet." Aslan responds with "For that reason, then, I know you are."

I feel empowered because in times of transition, like I am in now, I never feel ready, equipped, or prepared. But despite that, more and more I am realizing in life that not having it all together is the first step to full surrender. 

No comments: