Tuesday, May 6, 2008

New Thing #57: Deep Breath

Tuesday was my last chance for procrastination for a while and I took full advantage of this opportunity. Aside from the fact that I was sick, I squandered my time away while I should have been studying for my last final. At approximately 8:30 pm I started to have a panic attack and I decided what I needed was a few deep breaths. So, I decided to practice pranayama breathing. Breathing most commonly associated with yoga, these techniques teach you how to use your lungs full capacity, which most of us don't do apparently. I did deep breathing and the breathing dragon. I must say I should do this more being someone who suffers from asthma and other respiratory problems. Needless to say I didn't really focus on studying, but at least I attempted right?

No comments: