Thursday, May 8, 2008

New Thing #59: Two Stars

Thursday I flew home to Atlanta. I was very excited about making the most of my little time here, but my immune system had other ideas. A cold settled in and so my sweet friend Erin agreed to go to a movie instead of going downtown Atlanta like we had planned. We went to see Baby Mama, which I had been told was really funny by friends. If you want to see it don't read on but here is my take on it. 1) They showed all the funny parts in the commercial, so when they happened in the movie it was anticlimactic. 2) Although there were some good lines and Tina Fey is great, the dialogue was sub-par. 3) It tried to be like one of those Judd Apatow movies combining humor with sentiment, but both were lacking so it didn't really work. Erin and I agreed we left expecting something more. Whenever my Aunt and I go to movies we rate them, I give it 2 stars, wasn't terrible, but don't plan on seeing it again. Apparently my new thing for Thursday was being a movie critic. 


1 comment:

tin can photography said...

Lauren, it was soooo great to have you home! (Well, for both of us to be home:)

When we're not filming our traveling show we can most definitely write film reviews...and possibly food reviews too. Man, "It's a Wonderful Life" I'm creating.