Monday, May 19, 2008

New Thing #70: Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You See?

This new thing was a result of both a very convincing infomercial and the fact that another blog that I found of a person doing a new thing each day did this. I love animals of all sorts. I currently live with 3 cats, 1 adopted stray, 5 kittens, 3 outside cats, and a russian tortoise, and I love dogs more than anything else, shh don't tell my cats. 

So, Today I adopted an endangered species. The World Wildlife Fund uses the funds raised from animal adoptions to use towards conservation programs around the world. The commercial that tugged at my heart was about polar bears so I decided that was the animal I would adopt. When I got to the website I realized that there were around 80 animals "up for adoption." I was overwhelmed and wanted to choose the most deserving animal, yes I know I am ridiculous, but I went with my initial instincts and went for the polar bear. I was amazed that they have stuffed animals, even for the rarest of creatures! I will receive my adoption papers and a picture in the mail soon.



No comments: