Sunday, May 4, 2008

New Thing #55: Finals Fatigue

So I haven't been sleeping very well or very much recently with papers, finals, and just the sheer anxiety that comes with being Lauren Futrell during a transition time. Today it was so beautiful outside and I wanted to enjoy the weather but I was exhausted. So I went outside just to sit on our front porch. I love porches and swings, and have some of my fondest memories are of talks I have had with my mom on our porch. Back to the point, I went outside and decided to lay down for a minute on our porch swing, just to rest my eyes. I usually can't fall asleep anywhere except my bed, I can't even sleep on planes, but this instance was a different matter. Me "resting my eyes" turned into a 1.5 hour nap on my front porch accidentally. My family thought I was gone on a walk and when they called me for dinner I didn't respond. I was asleep, on the porch, having a nice nap. Apparently none of the neighbors or passerbys were concerned :) It was nice and refreshing despite the lack of work that was accomplished today. 


No comments: